Leave Site Now

If you have experienced gender-based and sexual violence (GBSV), it’s not your fault, and you are not alone. We have trauma-informed staff who can provide support and resources. You have choices, and we’re here to support them.

If you are in an emergency situation, call 911.

If you’re able and on campus, notify Campus Security at 403-320-3206 (or ext. 3206 from a campus phone).



Supports for survivors of GBSV

On-Campus Supports

REES (Respect, Educate, Empower Survivors)

Lethbridge College has partnered with REES to provide secure, online reporting for gender-based and sexual violence on campus. Anyone from the Lethbridge College community can use REES to create a record of what you experienced. You can keep it to yourself, or you can choose to anonymously or formally report it to the college, connect to a professionally trained person on campus to help you deal with any concerns or potential trauma, or access information about resources on-campus and in the community. The system lets you create a name and password that’s completely separate from your college identification.  

You can share information anonymously, help the college identify repeat perpetrators or opt to pursue formal complaints. You choose what’s right for you. 

NOTE: If someone has disclosed an experience with gender-based and sexual violence to you, please suggest REES as a resource. It’s best not to file a report that identifies a survivor of GBSV without their consent. It’s important for the survivor of violence to have control over what happens to their information. 

Wellness Services

Lethbridge College students and employees can contact a specially trained GBSV Student Support Advisor through Wellness Services, and that person can explain options available to you such as counselling, medical and reporting. The advisor can also direct you to the right supports, including academic considerations to support you during your journey. Wellness Services is open from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, except holidays. 

Or Connect with Campus through the REES platform. 

Counselling support for students is offered through Wellness Services

Counselling support for employees is offered through the Employee and Family Assistance Program

Learn more about consent.

Campus Security

Security is on campus 24/7, offering services such as Safewalk, escorting you to another location on campus if you feel unsafe walking alone.

Phone: 403-320-3206 (or Ext. 3206 from a campus phone)

Office: CE1303 


Off-Campus Supports

Chinook Sexual Assault Centre

The centre offers support, free counselling, peer support groups and system navigation of police and court systems.  

Open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday 

Alberta One Line for Sexual Violence

This is a toll-free talk, text or chat service for emotional support, information and referral. Interpretation services are available in more than 200 languages. 

Available 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily 

Toll-free call or text: 1-866-403-8000 

Additional Supports

Lethbridge Police Services Victims/Witness Services Unit

Volunteer advocates are first responders who provide support to victims/witnesses in the form of information or referrals after a crime or tragedy. Advocates can provide updates on status of investigation or court cases, provide information about victim impact statements, requests for restitution, provincial financial benefits and referrals to counselling services, shelters, child protection and crisis lines.

Phone: 403-330-5176 (Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or 403-327-2210 (after hours)
Website: https://www.lethbridgepolice.ca/victim-services

YWCA Lethbridge & District

Offers programs and services focused on enhancing the lives of women. Programs and services include domestic and sexual violence, trauma and crisis prevention/intervention, poverty, housing and homelessness, leadership and empowerment, and advocacy and awareness.

Website: https://ywcalethbridge.com/

Emergency Shelter (Harbour House)

For women (and their children) fleeing abuse; also available to those in crisis when space is available. Staff support 24 hours a day. There is a $21 day maximum stay.

Phone: 403-320-1881 (24/7 crisis line) or 1-866-296-0447 (all inquiries)
Email: [email protected]
Website: https://acws.ca/shelters/ywca-harbour-house/

Blackfoot Family Lodge Society

Emergency shelter for women; must be referred by HomeBase (403-942-7040)

Phone: 403-329-6506
Website: www.bfls.org

Safe Haven Emergency Shelter Society (Taber)

For women and their children in crisis (leaving domestic violence or abuse).

Phone: 403-223-0483 (24/7 crisis line)
Website: www.tabersafehaven.ca

Pincher Creek Women’s Emergency Shelter Association

Provides a safe place for women and children who are experiencing family violence and/or crisis situations. There are three programs available: Residential, Outreach and a  Child Support program.

Phone: 1-888-354-4868 (24/7 crisis line) or 403-627-2114 (all inquiries)
Website: www.pcshelter.ca

OUTreach Southern Alberta Society

Offers resources, education and opportunities to two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, intersex, asexual (2SLGBTQIA+) community of Lethbridge, Alberta. They offer a trans peer-led support group (for people 18+).

Email: [email protected]
Website: www.outreachsa.org

Lethbridge Legal Guidance

Lethbridge Legal Guidance provides free legal assistance, information and advocacy to individuals experiencing financial difficulties who need legal services and representation and who do not qualify for legal aid.

Phone: 403-380-6338
Website: https://www.lethbridgelegalguidance.ca/

Wellness Together Canada

Phone: 1-866-585-0445 (24/7 phone counselling) or text WELLNESS to 741741
Website: https://www.wellnesstogether.ca/en-CA/crisis

Southern Alberta Distress Line

Phone: 403 327-7905 (24/7 phone support)
Website: https://lethbridge.cmha.ca/programs-services/


How you can help

Everyone has the capacity to be an ally. Learn how to offer support if someone discloses a case of sexual violence to you. 

Learn more




The process for making a formal complaint.

Learn more



Answers to questions about gender-based and sexual violence.

Learn more