Lethbridge College’s Academic Success centre.
Learning Café staff are available in-person and online to help with your research papers, APA, science, math and study skills.
- To book a 30-minute appointment or to ask a quick question please contact our chat or use the “Book an Appointment” button (both found on this page) or email us at email@example.com.
- Virtual appointments will be conducted using Microsoft Office Teams. In-person appointments will take place in the Learning Café in the back of the Buchanan Library. If your question is outside of our regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday, 8:30 – 4:30 Friday, 9:30 – 5:30 Sunday) you can also check out the Learning Café.
- At any time, you can submit a paper for feedback to the Writing DropBox.
Access academic and study skills support, peer tutoring and more.
Whatever your skill level or program, we can help you develop the skills, strategies and behaviours needed to succeed in your coursework and professional life. Our qualified team of academic strategists and peer tutors provides a variety of academic services from workshops and in-class workshops to face-to-face and online appointments.
Academic skills support
We can all benefit from a little expert advice from time to time. You can access face-to-face academic skills support from our academic strategists on a drop-in or appointment basis. Or, if you don’t have time to stop by the Learning Café, telephone or online appointments may be available.
Our academic strategists can assist with:
- writing, research and APA documentation
- math, sciences and basic computer skills
- Canvas and online learning skills
- presentation skills and group work coaching
You can also access online writing feedback through our Writing DropBox. Our academic strategists will provide you with written feedback on your assignment, typically within three business days.
If you are experiencing difficulties with specialized course content not typically supported by our academic strategists, peer tutoring might just be the answer for you. We provide free one-on-one and group learning assistance to students in Lethbridge College credit courses.
Request peer tutoring Become a peer tutor
Effective study skills can improve your academic performance, and the Learning Café can help you develop these valuable skills. We offer individual appointments, workshops and in-class workshops on a variety of topics, including:
- effective study practices and improving memory
- test taking and managing test anxiety
- note taking
- textbook reading skills
- time management and conquering procrastination
- online learning skills
- academic writing and APA documentation
- and more!
View the available workshop topics and descriptions. If the scheduled workshop times do not fit your schedule, Learning Café staff are available to help you with your study skills and exam preparation. Use the “make an appointment” button or the Learning Café Chat to set up a time that works for you, and you can ask questions and take notes just as you would in a regular workshop. Appointments are available virtually or in person.
Find a complete listing of workshop topics and descriptions, or assess your study skills online.
Please check back for the Fall 2023 Student Success Workshop schedule.
*Drop-ins are welcome if space is available.
Instructors, you can book a customized in-class workshop online here. For more information please send us an email or phone 403-382-6952.
Facilitated study and project groups
Do you hate it when a group meeting eats up your time but doesn’t result in much productivity? We do too, which is why we’ve developed ways to help you and your group use your time more effectively. We offer workshops and support for students working on class group projects or those wishing to form effective study groups.
Can’t come into the Learning Café? No problem. Our staff are available remotely by phone, Teams or Skype. Also, we know students sometimes need to get help outside of our working hours so we started the Learning Café. You can access online learning resources related to:
- e-learning and technology
- writing and research
- math and science
- study skills
You can even request online feedback for written assignments through our Writing DropBox.
Located in the southwest section of the Buchanan Library, the Learning Café offers semi-private spaces for group activities or presentation practice as well as spaces for individual learning. An assortment of learning technologies is available to students and faculty for use in the Learning Café, including:
- desktop computers
- flat-screen televisions
- whiteboard tablets, tables and dividers
See our space for yourself with our virtual tour.