From left, here are some of the Canadian Armed Forces veterans and service personnel who are part of our campus community:
- Cpl. Daniel Limb (Plumber apprenticeship): Served from 2016 to 2022 with 3 Troop, A Squadron, South Alberta Light Horse
- Cpl. Brittany Gallaway (Agriculture Sciences): Currently serving as a vehicle technician with the Royal Canadian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, 41 Service Battalion
- Master Bdr. Josh May (Civil Engineering Technology): Currently serving with the 20th Independent Field since 2017
- Sgt. Daniel Ames (Natural Resource Compliance): Served with the 20th Independent Field Battery from 2007 to 2022
- Glenn Miller of the Lethbridge Legion, General Stewart Branch #4
- Lethbridge College President and CEO Dr. Brad Donaldson
- Bdr. Paul Thompson, Engineering instructor: Served with the 18th Air Defence Regiment (now 20th Independent Field Battery) from 1993 to 1996
- Gary Wittebolle (Culinary Arts): Served with the Canadian Armed Forces from 1980 to 2023
- Dan Walton, Criminal Justice instructor: Served with the 15 Military Police in Edmonton.
Lethbridge College thanks the many Canadian Armed Forces veterans and service personnel who are part of our community. We invited them to join us for a special group photo.
We also recognize that many students and employees have rich, long family histories in the military around the globe. Please share a story, photo or bio about the veterans in your life. You can contribute a photo, bio or story in person at the front desk of the Buchanan Library (CE1340) of submit digitally using this form. Contributions will be displayed in the art space for several days after Remembrance Day.
Please consider wearing a poppy to show your respect this Remembrance Day. Poppies will be available after Oct. 27 from the Security Office in College Centre (CE1303).