Fall 2018 new student information
New Student Orientation for students starting in fall 2018
- New Student Orientation is Tuesday, Sept. 4 (unless noted otherwise on the program orientation list).
- The first day of classes is Wednesday, Sept. 5 (unless otherwise specified in your schedule).
- ProTip: Check your Lethbridge College email often!
Fall 2018 new student update
Between February and August, main campus and online students will receive timely information updates either by mail or to your Lethbridge College email. We want to help you stay informed about important next steps, as well as upcoming orientation events, to prepare for your new college experience. We will also post those new student updates below, so be sure to check back here often.
Event information and registration
- Dates and registration information available in June
- Details available soon
- Coming soon.
The purpose of New Student Orientation is to:
- Facilitate your successful transition into the college.
- Prepare you to maintain or achieve a holistic life balance (academic, social, emotional and physical well-being).
- Contribute to student retention.
New Student Orientation learning outcome statements:
- Describe the difference between your previous life and educational experiences and the college experience.
- Identify, differentiate, and locate the available services that support your holistic well-being.
- Create connections with faculty, staff and peers to establish a sense of belonging with the college community.
- Recognize the diversity of the college community to build awareness of global citizenship.
New Student Orientation videos
This informative session provides information for students who identify as a mature learner to help them transition to their Lethbridge College Learning Environment.