Winter 2019 new student information
Orientation for students starting in winter 2019
- The first day of classes is Monday, Jan. 7 (unless otherwise specified in your schedule).
- ProTip: Check your Lethbridge College email often!
Orientation will take place in class, with the exception of the following programs:
- General Studies
- Academic Upgrading
These programs will have an orientation outside of class, and will require registration. If you are in one of the programs listed above, check your college email mid-November for this communication.
New student updates
Starting in November, main campus and online students will receive timely information updates either by mail or to your Lethbridge College email. We want to help you stay informed about important next steps, as well as upcoming orientation events, to prepare for your new college experience. We will also post those new student updates below, so be sure to check back here often.
Main campus learner
New student updates: online learner
Information for VIP's - Very important parents and partners
Event information and registration
New Student Orientation registration
Registration coming soon.
Designed for parents and partners of students, these sessions highlight their important role in student success
Student loan workshops
Get step-by-step advice on applying for student loans and get all your questions answered.
This optional session, on January 4 is for students who identify as a mature learner and may have been away from the school setting for a year or more. Registration required (coming soon).
The purpose of New Student Orientation is to:
- Facilitate your successful transition into the college.
- Prepare you to maintain or achieve a holistic life balance (academic, social, emotional and physical well-being).
- Contribute to student retention.
New Student Orientation learning outcome statements:
- Describe the difference between your previous life and educational experiences and the college experience.
- Identify, differentiate, and locate the available services that support your holistic well-being.
- Create connections with faculty, staff and peers to establish a sense of belonging with the college community.
- Recognize the diversity of the college community to build awareness of global citizenship.
New Student Orientation videos
Learn about all the services and supports available to students.
This informative session provides information for students who identify as a mature learner to help them transition to their Lethbridge College Learning Environment.