For student and employee ID cards, we offer a selfie ID service. Whether you’re a new student getting your first student ID or a long-time employee who needs a replacement card, you can now submit your own digital photograph to use as your ID – just follow the steps below.
Please note: Returning students are not required to get a new student ID. If you need to replace your ID card, there is a $5 fee.
- Send an email from your Lethbridge College email address to email@example.com with the subject line indicating the type of card needed.
- Student ID
- Staff ID
- In the body of the email, write your:
- first name
- last name
- s number
- Attach a photo of yourself that meets the following requirements:
- head and shoulders on a neutral background
- .jpg, .png or .gif formats that are at least 1MB
- clearly focused and free of marks, blots or lines
- preferably in colour
- no hats
- Attach a second photo/scan of government issued photo ID in the same email.
- When your ID card is ready, we'll send you a confirmation email. Staff will be able to pick up their ID card at the Security office. Students will be mailed their ID card unless other arrangements are required and are available.
Your personal information is collected under the authority of subsection 33(c) of Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of creating your student identification. It may be used and disclosed to other College departments and employees for this purpose or for a use consistent with this purpose. If you have a question about the collection, use, disclosure or protection of your personal information, please contact the College’s Manager of Institutional Compliance by phoning (403) 320-3202 ext. 5703, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or writing to 3000 College Dr S, Lethbridge, Alberta T1K 1L6 c/o Manager of Institutional Compliance.