For student and employee ID cards, we offer a selfie ID service. Whether you’re a new student getting your first student ID or a long-time employee who needs a replacement card, you can now submit your own digital photograph to use as your ID – just follow the steps below.
Please note: Returning students are not required to get a new student ID. If you need to replace your ID card, there is a $5 fee.
- Send an email from your Lethbridge College email address to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating the type of card needed.
- Student ID
- Staff ID
- In the body of the email, write your:
- first name
- last name
- s number
- Attach a photo of yourself that meets the following requirements:
- head and shoulders on a neutral background
- .jpg, .png or .gif formats that are at least 1MB
- clearly focused and free of marks, blots or lines
- preferably in colour
- no hats
- Attach a second photo/scan of government issued photo ID in the same email.
- When your ID card is ready, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure you have government issued photo ID with you at the time of pick up. Pick up is located at:
- Staff - the Security Office
- Students - the Registrar’s Office (distance learning students will have their ID card sent via mail)
- Apprentices - the Apprenticeship Trades building
Your personal information is collected under the authority of subsection 33(c) of Alberta’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of creating your student identification. It may be used and disclosed to other College departments and employees for this purpose or for a use consistent with this purpose. If you have a question about the collection, use, disclosure or protection of your personal information, please contact the College’s Manager of Institutional Compliance by phoning (403) 320-3202 ext. 5703, emailing email@example.com, or writing to 3000 College Dr S, Lethbridge, Alberta T1K 1L6 c/o Manager of Institutional Compliance.