In accordance with the Use of Information Technology Resources Policy, you are responsible for maintaining passwords for any college associated accounts that you may have. Your Microsoft 365 account is synchronized across most systems, including:
- Email (Outlook)
- Wi-Fi (Eduroam) access
- Computer login (lab and staff-assigned computers)
- MyLC (students)/The Owl (staff)
Note: When you change your password, you need to update your wireless and email passwords on any devices that are set up with this information.
Initial Password Creation
You must create your initial password by following these steps:
- Click on: https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com/?&whr=lethbridgecollege.ca
- Enter your lethbridgecollege.ca email address.
- Typically, email@example.com
- A confirmation code will then be sent to the third-party email address on file you used to apply to the college. Check that email to retrieve this code.
- Enter this code into the verification field and click next.
- Create a new password, and click finish.
- Reminder: This password must meet the complexity criteria outlined in the next section below.
Once this password has been successfully set, you will use it to access all Lethbridge College services. To update your 3rd party email for recovery purposes, please visit My Profile.
Should you encounter any issues, please contact the ITS Help Desk:
As of May 1, 2019, the password requirements have been updated to enhance security and enable better interaction with Microsoft’s online account management tools.
Your Lethbridge College password must:
- Be at least 12 characters in length
- Contain at least 1 character each of at least 3 of the different character types below:
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- Special character: ~!@#$%^&*_-+=`|\():;"'<>,?/.
- Not contain your first or last name
Self Service Password Reset
You are strongly encouraged to set up Self Service Password Reset by clicking this link. Here, you will be asked to provide alternative contact methods for Microsoft to verify your identity in the future, in case you ever forget your password or have trouble signing in.
Forgot My Password / Change My Password
If you have forgotten your password, you may use this link to reset your password.
If you remember your password, but wish to change it, you may use this link to update your password.