Vice President - People and Engagement
Coreen came to Lethbridge College as the Director of Human Resources Services in 2007, a position she held until she was appointed Executive Director, Human Resources in July 2013. In 2016, her portfolio was expanded to include Planning, Analysis and Risk Services. Coreen is now Vice President - People and Engagement.
Coreen is an alumna of Lethbridge College and is responsible for the strategic leadership of the college’s human resources and implementation of the people development strategy. Prior to her return to the college in 2007, Coreen worked in human resources for the Calgary Health Region and CFCN Television, among other companies.
Coreen’s post-secondary education started at Lethbridge College, where she earned a Business Administration diploma. She went on to earn a Bachelor of Management degree from the University of Lethbridge and an MBA in Project Management from Athabasca University. She is a Certified Human Resources Professional and a Certified Management Accountant.
Coreen is responsible for the leadership, direction and management of human resource and planning functions, including overseeing the following areas:
- employee recruitment and onboarding
- organizational development
- professional development
- compensation and benefits administration
- human resources information systems
- labour relations
- occupational health and safety
- coordination of policy development and maintenance
- FOIP , reporting and copyright compliance
- Comprehensive Institutional Plan (CIP)
- risk management policy and framework
- emergency response plans and security
- marketing and web services