Coming Soon – Drop in Advising by Zoom
Check back soon for details on how to connect with an advisor using Zoom
Hours for Drop in Advising by Zoom will be:
Monday to Friday, 12:00 to 4:00pm
We have seven advisors here to help you. Any student can meet with any advisor, but each advisor is an “expert” in certain programs so we always ask what program you are in to try to match you with that advisor if possible.
We do what’s called “developmental advising”, so we teach you how to find what you need, do things you need to do, and how to get help when you need it. We provide you with your options, and you decide what you want to do.
When should I come see an advisor?
- Feeling overwhelmed by your coursework and want to talk about your options.
- Failing a class and want to know how your options and how it will impact your future studies.
- To create an academic plan to spread your program out over longer.
- You have a concern and need help understanding college policies.
- You want to learn more about doing an international exchange.
- Thinking about taking a break from your studies and want to know how that will impact you when you return at a later date.
- Want to do an additional Lethbridge College program and need to see you previous coursework will fit.
- You need help but you aren’t sure where to go. We may not always be the people to help, but we always know who to send you to
How do I pick my classes?
- Most students are registered into their required courses by the Registration staff
- Some students need to register themselves into classes
- Students taking Academic Upgrading courses always work with an advisor. To find out more, check out the Registration page.
How can I make changes to my schedule once I have it?
- Registration changes are handled by the Registration office. The best way to make your changes it to do it on your own through WebAdvisor. Get instructions.
- If you try to make your changes but need help, come to advising and we can walk you through it so it’s easier for you next time.
If you’re just getting started on becoming a Lethbridge College student, make sure you connect with our Student Recruitment office. That way you can:
- get more information,
- come visit campus if you want,
- try out some classes as a Student for a Day,
- stay informed on events that may be of interest to you such as our Open House - check out our Future Students events calendar,
- If you aren’t sure which career is right for you, come in for a career advising session to help you figure out which career path might interest you. It is a two-step process: first, you complete an online career assessment, and then on another day you meet for a one-hour session with an advisor to talk about your results and options for your future plans.
In order to assist students in preparing for the Fall 2020 term, Career Advising appointments will not be booked July 13 - September 16, 2020. Please contact us after September 16, 2020 to discuss booking an appointment.
Career development is a lifelong process of thinking about your values, needs and preferences and then using that information to explore work, life and learning options. Advisors work with future and current students to help with this process. Additional career services for current students are available through our Career Development office.
Doing a career interest assessment at Lethbridge College is a two-step process:
- Meet with an advisor to discuss and complete the Strong Interest Inventory ®.
- Book a one-hour follow up appointment with the advisor to discuss the results of the inventory, and explore next steps towards your career path. There is a small fee ($15.75) to cover the cost of the assessment.
To schedule a Career Advising session, please call 403-320-3200 and select option 2 or stop by the advising office in person in PA 1130 (across from the Bookstore).