We have advisors here to help you. Any student can talk with any advisor, but each advisor is an “expert” in certain programs so we always ask what program you are in to try to match you with that advisor if possible.
We do what’s called “developmental advising”, so we teach you how to find what you need, do things you need to do, and how to get help when you need it. We provide you with your options, and you decide what you want to do.
When should I connect with an advisor?
- Feeling overwhelmed by your coursework and want to talk about your options.
- Failing a class and want to know your options and how it will impact your future studies.
- To create an academic plan to spread your program out over longer.
- You have a concern and need help understanding college policies.
- You want to learn more about doing an international exchange.
- Thinking about taking a break from your studies and want to know how that will impact you when you return at a later date.
- Want to do an additional Lethbridge College program and need to see if your previous coursework will fit.
- You need help but you aren’t sure where to go. We may not always be the people to help, but we always know who to send you to
How do I pick my classes?
- Most students are registered into their required courses by the Registration staff
- Some students need to register themselves into classes
- Students taking Academic Upgrading courses always work with an advisor. To find out more, check out the Registration page.
How can I make changes to my schedule once I have it?
- Registration changes are handled by the Registration office. The best way to make your changes it to do it on your own through Self Service. Get instructions.
- If you try to make your changes but need help, come to advising and we can walk you through it so it’s easier for you next time.
If you’re just getting started on becoming a Lethbridge College student, make sure to speak with a Recruitment Representative on the Future Students page.
Career development is a lifelong process of thinking about your values, needs and preferences and then using that information to explore work, life and learning options. Advisors work with future and current students to help with this process. Additional career services for current students are available through our Career Development office.
We are currently reviewing our career advising services and will not be offering the Strong Interest Inventory® at this time. Our Career and Academic Advisors are still happy to meet with potential students to talk about careers related to programs offered by Lethbridge College. To book an appointment, please call 403-320-3366. For those still interested in taking an interest inventory, this tool can be helpful.