Instead of reaching for sugary snacks or caffeine to boost energy, the fix is to sleep well, drink lots of water and move! Release those energy and mood-enhancing neurochemicals. Any kind of movement can do the trick – yoga, walking, weight training, cycling, dancing, you name it.Here is a Gentle Yoga for Energy workout from Donna MentankoTiefenbach.
Another option is heading outdoors:
- Five-minute walking warmup
- One-minute jog or speed walk
- Four-minutes brisk walk
- Repeat 1-minute and 4-minute intervals five times
- If you’re already a runner, up your intensity for the one-minute intervals.
- To finish off: 10 squats, 10 pushups, 10 squats, 30-second plank hold – repeat!
In the words of Laura Ingalls Wilder, “Some old-fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.”
For more information like Be Fit for Life on Facebook.