This report analyzes opinion structure among Lethbridge residents on six policy items.
- Same-sex Marriage A substantial majority of Lethbridge residents (80.4%) support same-sex marriages having equal legal status with traditional marriages.
- Abortion Choice A substantial majority of Lethbridge residents (80.7%) support a woman’s right to choose to have an abortion.
- Capital Punishment Three fifths of Lethbridge residents (60.6%) support Canada reintroducing capital punishment for people convicted of first-degree murder.
- Legal Medical Cannabis An overwhelming majority of Lethbridge residents (90.3%) support cannabis remaining legal for medical purposes.
- Legal Recreational Cannabis A clear majority of Lethbridge residents (56.9%) support legal recreational cannabis.
- Legal Medical Assistance in Dying A substantial majority of Lethbridge residents support legal medical assistance in dying (81.2%).
Download to view all summary data.
Lethbridge Opinion Structure Winter 2020.pdf