Lethbridge College offers a wide range of program awards to suite diverse interests, and we’re always adding more awards. When you fill out our online application, you will be matched to various awards' criteria. Your application will then be reviewed for any awards you are deemed eligible for.
International students benefit from a recently-established award by Lethbridge College alumnus and accomplished builder Steve Meszaros.
The Steve Meszaros International Bursary makes a world-class education at Lethbridge College a reality for international students, especially those of eastern European descent.
When announcing his gift to the college in 2014, Meszaros said that Lethbridge College gave him his start in life, and he feels an obligation to give back. With this award, he hopes to help young people from around the world come to Canada and add their strong work ethic and values to the country.
In addition, Canadian students benefit from having a diverse campus – whether that diversity is found in students who come from small towns, big cities, different provinces or different countries.
New award highlights
- Alvin Reinhard Fritz Architect Award
- For a continuing Engineering Design and Drafting student who has demonstrated creativity and outstanding problem solving skills in the context of design ($500).
- Clarence T. Yanosik Memorial Award
- For a student entering the Criminal Justice – Policing program who has demonstrated financial need and who has overcome some other obstacle in pursuit of his/her education ($1,000).
- Cor Van Raay Awards
- For students in a variety of programs at a variety of levels (entrance, continuing and graduating), $1000 to $2000.
- CropLife Canada – Alberta Council Legacy Award
- For a continuing Agriculture Sciences (Plant and Soil major) for academic achievement and who has demonstrated an interest in crop production and agronomy ($1,000).
- Dr. Sandy Vanderburgh General Studies Faculty Award
- For a student continuing into the second year of General Studies (any major) who has demonstrated academic success and leadership or volunteerism in Lethbridge College or the greater community ($1,000).
- EQUS Business Administration Award
- For a continuing Business Administration student who demonstrates financial need and who is from a rural community in Alberta ($1,000).
- LA Chefs Culinary Careers Entrance Award
- For a student entering the Culinary Careers diploma program who demonstrates financial need($1,000).
- Ralph Thrall Jr. and MacLean Personal Growth and Development Award.
- For a graduate of the Agriculture Sciences (Animal Science major) who demonstrates significant scholastic improvement and personal growth over the course of the two-year diploma program ($1,000).
- Rita Simons Memorial Awards
- For continuing students in trades and mature and Indigenous students in post-secondary programs ($2500).
- Southern Alberta Ethnic Association Scholarship
- For a student in any program who has successfully completed the first year of a post-secondary diploma program and is continuing into the second year of the same program ($5,000).
- Tom McKenzie Award for Criminal Justice
- For a continuing Criminal Justice – Policing student who has successfully completed the first year of the program and has demonstrated community or college involvement ($1,000).