Lethbridge College offers a wide range of program awards to suite diverse interests, and we’re always adding more awards. When you fill out our online application, you will be matched to various awards' criteria. Your application will then be reviewed for any awards you are deemed eligible for.
International students benefit from a recently-established award by Lethbridge College alumnus and accomplished builder Steve Meszaros.
The Steve Meszaros International Bursary makes a world-class education at Lethbridge College a reality for international students, especially those of eastern European descent.
When announcing his gift to the college in 2014, Meszaros said that Lethbridge College gave him his start in life, and he feels an obligation to give back. With this award, he hopes to help young people from around the world come to Canada and add their strong work ethic and values to the country.
In addition, Canadian students benefit from having a diverse campus – whether that diversity is found in students who come from small towns, big cities, different provinces or different countries.
New award highlights
- Chloe Galts Memorial Award
- Awarded to a continuing Interior Design Technology student who has demonstrated community involvement (as per the awards application). ($1000)
- 1st Choice Savings and Credit Union AEM Award of Excellence
- Awarded to a continuing (full-time) Agriculture Enterprise Management student who is a long-term resident of Southern Alberta and who demonstrates financial need. Of these the award will go to the student who faculty feels has best demonstrated communication skills and leadership, a strong work ethic, integrity and team building qualities in the classroom and/or the community. (2 @$1,000)
- Cor Van Raay Awards
- For students in a variety of programs at a variety of levels (entrance, continuing *$2000) and graduating ($1000) in Agriculture, Business and Ag Enterprise Managment)
- 1st Choice Savings & Credit Union ECM Applied Degree Capstone Research Award1
- 1 Awarded to a continuing Ecosystem Management Applied degree student who has declared a senior project focus in the area of agriculture (plant, water or soil). Recipients are selected by program faculty directly involved in project approval and oversight. (2 @ $2000)
- Henry S. Varley Awards
- Awarded to continuing full-time students demonstrating financial need who are residents or descendants of rural Alberta residents of the Community Foundation of Lethbridge and Southwestern Alberta. This area includes Nanton in the north, Waterton in the south, Grassy Lake in the east and Crowsnest Pass in the west. Applicants should have made clear their plans as they relate to their commitment to establish their careers and homes in rural southwestern Alberta.(Agriculture Sciences - 5 @ $2,500, Business - 2 @ $2,500, Environmental Sciences 2 @ $2,500 and Nursing 1 @ $2,500)
- Rita Simons Memorial Awards
- For continuing students in trades and mature and Indigenous students in post-secondary programs (multiple awards @ $2500)
- Lethbridge College Pay It Forward Scholarships
- For the demonstration of outstanding academic achievement on the part of continuing students (5 @ $2000), graduating students (5 @ $2000) and international students (3 @ $2000)