Don't miss this incredible opportunity
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG) is an employer-driven training program where employers and government share the cost of training new and existing employees to increase their knowledge and skills to meet the needs of Alberta’s changing economy.
NEW: CAJG Temporarily Expanded
The Alberta Government has temporarily expanded the eligibility of the Canada-Alberta Job Grant to help businesses access the training you need. The expansion is effective until Feb. 28, 2022, and allows businesses to:
- use CAJG to fund mandatory courses or training required for a job
- train employed family members, enabling family-owned businesses to access training funds
- receive funding to train business owners, supporting entrepreneurs to expand their skillset to grow or pivot their business
In addition, other changes now make the application process more efficient. For example, an employee’s training can start as soon as the government received an application, which allows businesses to begin training sooner.
CAJG now offers more training incentives to employers
- 100% of training cost covered for eligible unemployed hires (up to $15,000) with incremental training requirement waived
- Sole proprietors can now train their employees using CAJG
- Assistance on travel costs for small and medium-sized organizations (outside of Edmonton and Calgary) when training is over 100km one way
A: The Canada-Alberta Job Grant is an employer-driven training program. This means that employers decide on who gets training and what type of training may be needed for new and existing employees. Employers are required to use a third-party training provider to deliver the formal training either onsite, online, or in a classroom setting..
The Canada Job Grant is part of the Government of Canada and Government of Alberta’s commitment to help address skills mismatches and ensure that employees are being trained in high-demand areas.
A: By supporting and investing in employee training, The Canada-Alberta Job Grant helps you to increase:
- employee skills
- employee retention
A: Under the Canada-Alberta Job Grant, employers will cover a minimum of one third of direct training costs, with up to a maximum of $10,000 in government contributions per employee.
A: We want to help you to develop your greatest asset – your people! Many of our programs are eligible for the Job Grant. If we don't have something readily available you need, our team can visit with you to identify training needs ideally suited for this grant program and custom develop a training program to meet those needs.
For full details on the Canada-Alberta Job Grant, please visit https://www.alberta.ca/canada-alberta-job-grant.aspx
Give us a call to see how we can help you apply and leverage this fantastic funding opportunity at 403-320-3288 or e-mail us at email@example.com