Lethbridge College’s Academic Success centre.
Even though we are working from home at this time, Learning Café staff are still available to help you with your research papers, APA, science, math, and study skills.
- To book a ½ hour appointment or to ask a quick question please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Appointments will be conducted using Skype or Microsoft Office Teams. If your question is outside of our regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday) you can also check out the elearningCafe.
- At any time, you can submit a paper for feedback to the Writing DropBox.
- We hope you are staying safe and healthy in this difficult time and look forward to seeing you in the very near future.
Access academic and study skills support, peer tutoring and more.
Whatever your skill level or program, we can help you develop the skills, strategies and behaviours needed to succeed in your coursework and professional life. Our qualified team of academic strategists and peer tutors provides a variety of academic services from workshops and presentations to face-to-face and online appointments.
Academic skills support
We can all benefit from a little expert advice from time to time. You can access face-to-face academic skills support from our academic strategists on a drop-in or appointment basis. Or, if you don’t have time to stop by the Learning Café, telephone or online appointments may be available.
Our academic strategists can assist with:
- writing, research and APA documentation
- math, sciences and basic computer skills
- Canvas and online learning skills
- presentation skills and group work coaching
You can also access online writing feedback through our writing drop box. Our academic strategists will provide you with written feedback on your assignment, typically within three business days.
If you are experiencing difficulties with specialized course content not typically supported by our academic strategists, peer tutoring might just be the answer for you. We provide free one-on-one and group learning assistance to students in Lethbridge College credit courses.
Set yourself up for success with solid study skills. We offer individual appointments, workshops and class presentations on a variety of topics, including:
- effective study practices and improving memory
- test taking and managing test anxiety
- note taking
- textbook reading skills
- time management and conquering procrastination
- online learning skills
- academic writing and APA documentation
- and more!
View the available workshop topics and descriptions. While we are not able to present workshops on campus at the moment, Learning Café staff are still available to help you with your study skills and exam preparation. Simply email email@example.com and we would be happy to schedule a virtual appointment with you using Skype or Teams. Appointments last one-half hour, and you can ask questions and take notes just as you would in a regular workshop.
*Drop-ins are welcome if space is available.
Instructors, you can book a customized class presentation. Just send us an email or phone 403-382-6952.
Facilitated study and project groups
Do you hate it when a group meeting eats up your time but doesn’t result in much productivity? We do too, which is why we’ve developed ways to help you and your group use your time more effectively. We offer workshops and support for students working on class group projects or those wishing to form effective study groups.
Can’t come into the Learning Café? No problem. Our staff are available remotely by phone, Teams or Skype. Also, we know students sometimes need to get help outside of our working hours so we started the eLearning Café. You can access online learning resources related to:
- e-learning and technology
- writing and research
- math and science
- study skills
You can even request online feedback for written assignments through our writing drop box.
Located in the southwest section of the Buchanan Library, the Learning Café offers semi-private spaces for group activities or presentation practice as well as spaces for individual learning. An assortment of learning technologies is available to students and faculty for use in the Learning Café, including:
- desktop computers
- flat-screen televisions
- whiteboard tablets, tables and dividers
See our space for yourself with our virtual tour.