Mental Health First Aid aims to:
- Improve mental health literacy.
- Increase comfort around responding to mental health issues.
- Increase help seeking behavior.
- Increase knowledge of supportive resources on campus and in the community.
- Create an inclusive environment
Mental Health First Aid is a 12 hour training that is divided into either two six hour days or three four hour days, please select one of the options below. (Eventbrite will only allow the first date of that session to be listed, for example if you are wanting to register for Nov. 5 & 6 training, select Nov. 5th and you will automatically be registered for both Nov. 5 & 6.)
Schedule of Mental Health First Aid Training:
- November 5 & 6, 9-4pm
- December 18 & 19, 9-4pm
- February 1, 8, 15, 12-4pm
- April 23 & 24, 9-4pm
- May 6 & 7, 9-4pm
Full attendance is mandatory to receive the certification.
The certification does not expire, adds a professional development certification to your resume, and is nationally recognized and regulated through the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
Snacks and beverages will be provided. There is a maximum of 25 spots per course, so please register as soon as possible.