In accordance with the Use of Information Technology Resources Procedure, you are responsible for maintaining passwords for any college associated accounts that you may have. Your myHorizon/domain account is synchronized across most systems, including:
- Office 365/email
- Ellucian Go
- Computer login (lab and staff-assigned computers)
- Wi-fi access
- Colleague UI (staff only)
Note: When you change your password, you need to update your wireless and email passwords on any devices that are set up with this information. This will prevent you from losing connection to the wireless network once your password has changed.
As of May 1, 2019, the password requirements have been updated to enhance security and enable better interaction with Microsoft’s online account management tools.
Your Lethbridge College password must:
- Be at least 12 characters in length
- Contain at least 1 character each of 3 of the different character types below:
- Uppercase letter
- Lowercase letter
- Special character: ~!@#$%^&*_-+=`|\():;"'<>,?/.
- Not contain your first or last name
Self Service Password Reset
You are strongly encouraged to set up Self Service Password Reset by clicking this link. You will be asked to provide alternative contact methods for Microsoft to verify your identity in the future, in case you ever forget your password or have trouble signing in.
Once you’ve set up Self Service Password Reset, if you ever forget your password or have trouble signing in, you can use this link to reset your password.
Changing your password
If you know your current password, you can still change your password at anytime and from anywhere using this link, or on a college computer by following these steps:
- Log on to a computer (any staff, lab or commons computer will work).
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
- Choose Change a Password.
- Follow the prompts to create a new password.
If you don’t know your current password, and you haven’t set up Self Service Password Reset (see previous heading above), you can contact the ITS Help Desk contact us for assistance in resetting your password.