We want to assure you that Accessibility Services is still open, albeit virtually. Our staff are still available to assist you with accommodations & funding inquiries and technology & strategies support. Our office hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. If you are seeking information about accommodations, services and/or funding for future semesters, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments will be conducted through Skype or Microsoft Office Teams. We hope you are staying safe and healthy in this difficult time and we look forward to seeing you in the very near future.
We provide flexible, innovative and collaborative support for the success of diverse learners while advancing a culture of universal teaching and learning. We are able to support prospective and current students with disabilities, including:
- learning disabilities (e.g. math, reading, writing, processing)
- developmental disabilities (e.g. fetal alcohol effect and autism spectrum)
- sensory impairments (e.g. deaf/hard-of-hearing, blind/partially sighted)
- physical disabilities
- mental health impacts
- chronic medical conditions
- temporary mobility issues (e.g. broken arm)
We know you're unique. That's why we work with you to create your own pathway to academic success. Our key supports include:
- disability advising
- review of disability-related history and potential challenges
- disability-related funding applications
- requests for academic accommodations, including:
- referrals to campus services (e.g. academic strategists, peer tutoring, technology training, personal counselling) or community agencies
- accommodated testing
- additional support (e.g. interpreters, educational care attendants, documentation for service animals)
For more information on services for students with disabilities, please contact us.
Support from Accessibility Services is available in the palm of your hand. Gain access to booking exam accommodations, recording classes and voice notes, scanning documents and important dates and contact information by downloading our app.