This series has been cancelled. We apologize for any inconvenience. Visit our COVID-19 information page for the most up-to-date information on all college-related events.
Cognitive and Behavior Psycho-Education
About this Event
*Workshops are limited to college students and staff*
These workshops are based on the idea that all things are interconnected, that change is inevitable, and that opposites can be used to understand what truth is.
The main goals of these workshops are to live in the moment, to have balanced and healthy relationships, to reduce the emotional intensity of situations, and to cope when in crisis.
There are 6 workshops in all and offered at various dates and times. Each session will run twice. No need to attend both session just one in the series below. Please select the dates of attendance for tickets
1. Wise Mind Feb 24/20 1pm to 2 pm Mindfulness : Understanding the balance between emotions and reason.
2. PLEASED Feb 27/20 11 am to 12 pm , March 3/20 1pm to 2 pm Emotional Regulation: using self-care skills to reduce emotional vulnerability and promote well being.
3. ACCEPTS March 5/20 1pm to 2 pm , March 9/20 11 am to 12 pm Distress Tolerance: Mindfully practice distraction skills when in high emotional distress.
4. One Mindful March 12/20 12 pm to 1 pm, March 18/20 12pm to 1 pm Mindfulness: Directing yourself back to a mindful state when you attention is divided.
5. Opposite Action March 19/20 1 pm to 2 pm, March 24/20 1 pm to 2 pm Emotional Regulation: Using opposite emotions and actions to get unstuck form high emotional states.
6. Radical Acceptance March 26/20 12 pm to 1pm Distress Tolerance: Practicing the acceptance of distress to decrease suffering.
** For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Morden, Health Promotions Coordinator email@example.com