Mental Health First Aid will help improve your knowledge of mental health issues and disorders, teach strategies of how to respond to people experiencing mental health issues, and help identify community resources to access for support. The certification does not expire, adds a professional development certification to your resume, and is nationally recognized and regulated through the Mental Health Commission of Canada.
Attendance to all sessions is mandatory to receive the certification. Snacks and beverages will be provided. There is a maximum of 25 spots per course, so please register as soon as possible if interested.
Mental Health First Aid aims to:
- Improve mental health literacy;
- Increase comfort around responding to mental health issues;
- Increase help seeking behavior;
- Increase knowledge of supportive resources on campus and in the community;
- And to create an inclusive environment.
For more information on Mental Health First Aid.