Our health care team of registered nurses and doctors are here to provide services that positively influence your health and well-being. We can also connect you to the most appropriate support services. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- doctor clinics
- sexual health
- first aid
Our registered nurses are available to answer your health concerns and questions.
First time appointments can be booked by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 403-320-3289.
$40 fee for no shows and cancellations within 24 hours of your appointment
Morning and afternoon doctor clinics are offered for students and employees, as well as their families. You can book an appointment with one of our doctors to address medical needs such as:
- medication prescription renewals
- acute illness
- regular check-ups
- specialist referrals
You can also book the following services for a fee:
- third-party medicals
- driver’s medical
- pre-employment physical
We provide required immunizations for all Health and Wellness program students.
- Health and Wellness program students must pay a $25 immunization assessment fee for the assessment of immunization records. You can pay the fee at the bookstore (PA1110) or online.
- After you’ve paid the fee, submit your immunization record and the receipt for the immunization assessment fee to the Placement Office (PA2103) or contact Lori Hatfield at email@example.com.
- If you require immunizations, there is a $50 immunization fee for vaccinations administered by Health Services. This is a one-time fee regardless of the number of vaccines required. To avoid this fee, you should be fully immunized prior to arriving at the college.
Note: Only pay the immunization fee if you have been directed to do so by Lethbridge College Health Services.
If you would like to complete your immunizations in the community for free, you can contact Lethbridge Public Health at 403-388-6666.
Every October, we offer an influenza immunization clinic that is available to all students, employees and community members. See our event page for dates and locations on campus.
Through our on site counsellors, you have access to confidential services related to your sexual health. From talking about sex, lifestyle choices and sexuality to reproduction, contraception and sexually transmitted infections, we provide a confidential safe space for your questions to be answered.
Come see one of our registered nurses for information and/or book an appointment with one of our doctors for a wellness exam.
Put your sexual health first with a wellness exam. Depending on your age, individual concerns and risk factors, your wellness exam may include:
- pap smear or testicular and prostate exam
- safe sex and birth control information
- blood pressure check
- breast exam
- STI screening and education
- HPV vaccine information
- pregnancy testing
Drop in or book an appointment with a registered nurse for pregnancy testing and education. Regardless of test results, counselling is offered to discuss options, resources and support.
Other sexual health concerns
Address any other concerns you may have relating to your sexual health, such as urinary tract infection, pelvic pain, menstruation issues, painful sex and sexual dysfunction.
Sexual health resources
- Lethbridge Sexual and Reproductive Health Centre
- Lethbridge Pregnancy Care Centre
- OUTreach Southern Alberta (for LGBTQ+ awareness and education)
- Sex and U
Effective Tuesday January 3rd, Wellness Services will be able to provide injectable and nasal naloxone kits on request.
For those who have never taken training on using naloxone, a nurse will be able to spend a few minutes explaining how to use naloxone. This service will be available during Wellness Services regular hours, Monday through Friday from 8 am – 12 pm, 1 pm – 4:30- pm. If a nurse is not available, you may be requested to wait or return later.
For those who do not require any training, kits will be available during all regular Wellness Services hours.
One hour in depth training on naloxone, opioids, and opportunities for hands on training will be available throughout the year and will be listed on the Events Calendar on the Lethbridge College website.