Professional accreditation and certification
We provide students and members of the community with various types of exam services to accommodate a wide variety of paper- and computer-based testing, including:
- certification exams (e.g. insurance, real estate, financial planning, etc.)
- typing skills assessment
Testing Services can supervise exams for business or professional associations for accreditation. You can write a variety of exams in our testing centre. To write a certification exam, you must:
- register with the professional association prior to writing your exam on the scheduled date(s)
- book your exam online (if the professional association does not book on your behalf)
- review the complete list of Testing Rules and Regulations before your exam date
- bring photo ID to your exam
- Individual exams supervised in a common test area: $35/sitting
- Note: As of July 1, 2019, the invigilation fee will change to $35/exam (no more sitting fee).
- Individual or group exams requiring a dedicated, private space: $55/hour
- Note: Note: As of July 1, 2019, the private testing space fee will increase to $60/hour.
Note: A sitting is one exam or any two exams taken back-to-back on the same day.
Typing skills assessment
Typing skills are required for numerous educational programs and employment opportunities. You can put your skills to the test by booking an appointment with Testing Services. Our assessment measures accuracy and words per minute (WPM). You’ll receive a letter with your scores that you can then show to potential employers.
You must book your appointment at least one business day in advance and provide photo ID at the time of testing. Please review the complete list of testing rules and regulations prior to booking your appointment.
- Flat fee: $20
- Note: As of July 1, 2019, the flat fee will increase to $25.
- Lethbridge College student: Free
- Lethbridge College staff: Free
Note: If the assessment is required for a Lethbridge College program, your first re-test attempt is also free.
The Test of Workplace Essential Skills (TOWES) is an effective, reliable and validated assessment for identifying three fundamental workplace skills:
- reading text
- document Use
TOWES requires the test-taker to assume the role of a worker by using authentic workplace documents to solve tasks. Questions range from identifying details and making inferences to budgeting for a project. For more information or for materials to help you prepare to write TOWES, please visit towes.com.
Please review the complete list of testing rules and regulations prior to booking your appointment.
- Individual exams supervised in a common test area: $35/exam
Please note: We do not provide TOWES test booklets for exam sittings. Your employer or recruiting agency will need to provide the booklet to us prior to your exam appointment.