Protecting you and Lethbridge College's facilities and equipment is our priority. Our contracted security officers take pride in ensuring Lethbridge College maintains its reputation as one of the safest places in Lethbridge. As the front-line people, we are able to:
- respond to emergency calls
- help people with directions
- assist wherever needed
You, too, play a part in ensuring our campus remains a safe environment for learning. If you have any concerns, we are always open and conveniently located in CE1303 (adjacent to the Centre Core).
Safewalk is available to walk you to your destination on campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To request a Safewalk, call Security at 403-320-3206 or stop by their office located in Centre Core (CE1301).
We strive to provide an environment where health, safety and security are at the forefront of the college experience. Every individual can play a vital role in the college community's health, safety and security.
First aid kit locations
First aid kits are located in each building in most administrative areas. Please take a moment to orient yourself to the first aid kit nearest you. If you are unsure, please call Security Services at ext. 3206 to request information on first aid kit locations.
Should you provide first aid or need to use a first aid kit:
- submit report(s) to Occupational Health and Safety for all incidents and injuries, regardless of the severity
- contact your supervisor after an incident to communicate the incident appropriately and so they can ensure communication of unsafe situations are directed to the appropriate personnel
- advise Occupational Health and Safety of first aid kit(s) needing to be restocked
Minor accident or illness
Locate the nearest first aid kit and provide first aid if required.
For all emergency situations, notify Security Services at ext. 3206, who will assist in assessing your situation.
Health and Counselling Services can be contacted Monday to Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at ext. 3289.
Serious accident or illness
Be safe and scan the area for potential hazards. If the area is safe and you are able, provide first aid.
If you are alone, call for help and dial 9-911 from any available campus phone. All 911 calls made from campus phones are reported to Security Services who will immediately attend.
If you are not alone, send another person to call 9-911 and ensure they report back to you confirming they have called and help is on the way.
If you are required to call 911 be prepared to provide the following information:
- your name
- the exact location of the victim
- the nature of the problem
Upon discovering an injured person
If you find a person who appears unresponsive immediately call 9-911 from a campus phone. If appropriate, attempt first aid.
If time or the situation permits, call Security Services at ext. 3206. A security officer will immediately attend to provide assistance and/or direction to responding EMS personnel.
Report a crime
If you observe a crime in progress or if you suspect a crime has been committed on campus:
- Immediately call the police.
- Crime in progress (emergency): 911 (from office: 9-911).
- Suspected crime (non-emergency complaints line): 403-328-4444.
- Notify Security Services.
- Call 403-320-3206 or report in person at CE1303.
Note: Security Services is not an investigative unit for criminal activity. Calls must be directed to the Lethbridge Regional Police Service in a timely manner.
- Fill out the Concerning Behaviour Incident Reporting form.