A variety of workshops and class presentations are available through the Learning Café to help students develop the academic skills and learning strategies they need to be successful in their courses. A range of topics and customized sessions are available, including:
- studying effectively
- academic and textbook reading
- effective note taking
- improving memory
- tackling multiple-choice tests
- test-taking strategies and finals preparation
- test anxiety and stress management
- time management and procrastination
- writing skills
- academic writing and APA documentation
- math skills
- dosage calculations
- how to study science (chemistry, physics and biology)
- presentation and group work skills
- online learning and technology
- Starting off Right: Skills for Academic Resilience
*Future workshop registration will be available soon.
Typically lasting 50 minutes, workshops are scheduled at various times throughout the week. Sessions focus on topics related to the development of study skills or foundational academic skills and presentation skills.
Instructors, you can book customized presentations to meet the needs of your students in any course. We can provide an overview of our services or explore a range of specific learning and study issues, similar to those identified above.
Students and faculty interested in booking a workshop, appointment or class presentation can contact the Learning Café (CE1340) by visiting us in person, sending an email or phoning 403-382-6952.