Our current facts are from a study conducted of the 2015-16 academic year by Economic Modeling Specialists Intl in February, 2018. While we knew we had a positive effect on the regional economy, the study quantified that effect and revealed that the benefits of Lethbridge College have a more extensive reach than we could have anticipated.
For instance, did you know…
- For every $1 our students invest in their education at Lethbridge College, they receive a cumulative $3.10 in higher future earnings?
- The added income created by the college and our students supported 4,792 jobs equivalents in 2015-16 alone?
- One out of every 20 jobs in the region is supported by the activities of Lethbridge College and its students?
- Alberta taxpayers benefit from Lethbridge College in the form of higher tax receipts and reduced demand for government-supported social services?
- Society as a whole benefits from an expanded economy and range of savings associated with the improved quality of life for our students?
- The college and our students added $427.9 million in income to the Lethbridge area economy in 2015-16? That of which is equivalent to 6.5% of the region’s total gross regional product (GRP)
- Our key stakeholder groups – students, society and taxpayers – all receive benefits for their investment in the college?