Welcome to Human Resources. We understand the success of Lethbridge College and our students is a direct result of the talents and energies of our employees. And so we pride ourselves on being the supportive base upon which careers are built and successes rewarded. Our human resource model focuses on skills, strengths and interests while working in a culture of fluidity and trust.
We support the individuals of Lethbridge College through quality service and innovative, comprehensive programs in a healthy, safe and secure environment. Our values are critical to our success and the achievement of our mission.
Valued partner: We are recognized internally and externally as a valued partner, bringing an appropriate level of human resource expertise to the table. Our role and mandate is clearly communicated and accepted throughout the college.
Customer enabled: We provide a level of support to our customers, which enables sound decision-making from a human resources perspective. College leaders and employees have access to tools, programs and data needed to make informed decisions.
Sustainable workforce: Workforce planning is critical to our long-term success. Proactively sourcing, recruiting, retaining and developing our employees is viewed as critical. We hire the right people for the right role at the right time with the right pay.
Sustainable programs: We create, build and maintain programs and initiatives that are right for the college and support our goal of becoming an employer of choice. We are also dedicated to our mission of inspiring and facilitating learning and innovation to meet economic and social needs.
Healthy work environment: We cultivate a healthy and productive culture, promote an environment of wellness and work-life balance, and celebrate the successes of our employees.
Lethbridge College vision
Leading and transforming education in Alberta.
Lethbridge College mission
Lethbridge College inspires and facilitates learning and innovation to meet economic and social needs.
- Academic Transformation: We will collaboratively create innovative and creative learning experiences that meet the diverse and integrated needs of learners, the economy and society.
- Collaborative Partnerships: We are model collaborators focused on achieving unprecedented levels of collaboration in education.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: We will embrace the full spectrum of innovation as we cultivate entrepreneurial activities.
- People Development: We develop our people to realize their highest potential.
Our values and principles
- People: We treat each other with trust and respect and support professional development for all employees.
- Learner Success: We deliver current and relevant learning experiences and applied research opportunities, and we provide effective learner support services.
- Quality: We strive for the highest standards of performance and innovation in all areas of the college, including programs, services, applied research and scholarly activity.
- Collaboration: We work together within and between departments, and with community partners, business and industry, and other educational institutions to enhance student learning, mobility and employment.
- Sustainability: We cultivate a college environment that supports continuous development of social, economic, cultural and environmental sustainability.
- Accessibility: We create and maintain flexible learning pathways that enable learners to achieve their educational and career goals.
- Diversity: We provide a safe and inclusive learning and working environment for a diverse population of people.