The Lethbridge College Employee Excellence Awards recognize and celebrate the dedication and exceptional service by all of our employees who work hard to promote our core values of people, excellence and success. Winners are nominated by fellow colleagues in one (1) of three (3) categories to acknowledge their phenomenal contributions to the college and commitment to the community.
Service and Innovation
Positively impacting the college community, students or external groups is just another day in the office for recipients of the Service and Innovation award. The award recognizes an individual’s or team’s contribution to providing high quality or innovative service or programming.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, flexibility and creativity.
- Benefits the campus community through the creation of a new service, program, product or process.
- Some considerations may include:
- Significantly reduce the cost to students or the institution
- Substantial improvement to the student experience
- Unique system enhancement
Leadership and Creating Community
True leaders create a positive culture and sense of community through their day-to-day actions. The Leadership and Creating Community award acknowledges these leaders, who make the college a more welcoming and supportive environment. Recipients are individuals who understand their impact on those around them and are able to identify and implement ways to strengthen that impact and develop their teams.
- Inspires others through their vision, their creativity and their courage to take risks.
- Demonstrates respect, dignity and compassion in all interpersonal relationships; practices high standards of personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- Exhibits high levels of energy and commitment to the department/work unit with a willingness to listen and assist others with personal and professional development.
- Participates in professional activities and/or community services.
Learning is not just for our students and the Lifelong Learning award acknowledges an individual who embraces this vision. Recipients have demonstrated passion and enthusiasm for learning throughout their careers and encourage others to develop personally and professionally.
- Champions a vision to advance learning and achievement for him/herself and others.
- Encourages and mentors others to grow and succeed.
- Commitment to learning is evident over the nominee’s career.
Nominating a colleague
- Determine which award you are nominating your colleague for. Review the award information and criteria.
- Complete the nomination form below.
- Describe how the nominee meets each of the nomination criteria in the order they are presented in the award description.
- Gather a minimum of two (2) reference letters to accompany the nomination package as well as any other additional information you wish to include. Be selective with additions – they should clearly show how the nominee meets the criteria.
- Submit your nomination to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at CE2330 (Executive Offices) by the January 4, 2021 deadline. Email is preferred as nomination packages are emailed to all committee members.
Note: Nominations may be resubmitted in subsequent years, but they are not held on file or carried over automatically. Resubmission is the responsibility of the nominator.
The selection process
- Electronic announcements are sent out to the Lethbridge College community via Connections when nominations are open.
- Reminders of the deadline are sent out via Connections.
- Nomination packages are sent electronically to each committee member.
- Nominations are reviewed and evaluated by committee members.
- The committee selects recipients.
- Strong start - honouring employees for their achievements up to and including the first two (2) years of employment;
- Appreciation - honouring employees who have made a positive difference for their fellow employees and/or students that is beyond their regular duties and responsibilities;
- Excellence - honouring employees who have made a significant and lasting difference for their fellow employees and/or students or elevated Lethbridge College in the broader community.
- HR informs the recipient for each category and the President.
- All recipients are announced in Connections.
- Award recipients are honoured at the annual Lethbridge College Recognition Event.
The selection committee
The selection committee is chaired by a member from Human Resources and is comprised of members from:
- the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Innovation
Your current committee members are:
- Sarah Norgard - Chair
- Shannon Maass - Admin
- Kyle Snowdon - CTLI
- Paul Krizan
- Kevin Wiber
- Dawn Sugimoto
- Greg Kruyssen - AUPE
Members must withdraw from the selection committee if a conflict of interest occurs (i.e. a family member is nominated). In the event that a member must withdraw, alternates will be determined for committee members.
If a committee member is nominated for an award, that member will either choose to withdraw from the selection committee or remove themselves from any discussion in the category they have been nominated for.
Additional membership information and committee roles and responsibilities can be found in the Employee Excellence Awards Terms of Reference document.