As a member of our team, you have access to our comprehensive benefits package. Its features provide you and your family with peace of mind today and help you plan for your future. Plus, you can access those benefits as early as your first day. Our benefits package covers all the major areas:
- prescription drug coverage
- dental and vision care
- term life insurance
- paramedical coverage
- flexible spending account
Beyond the comprehensive benefits, we offer great perks in a family-focused work environment. Our campus day care centre is open to the children of employees as space allows. And our campus health centre isn’t just for students – as an employee, you and your family can access the centre and benefit from having doctors, nurses and counsellors right on campus.
Additional perks include subsidized staff fitness classes, free fitness centre membership on campus (taxable benefit) and on-campus parking, professional development opportunities and additional discretionary days off during the winter holidays so you can spend more time with family and friends.
Benefits at a glance
Among the valuable insurance benefits in place for your immediate use are:
- extended health
- prescription drug coverage
- vision care
- massage and chiropractic services
- paramedical services
- travel assistance coverage
- dental care
Note: All extended health and dental services cover you and your dependents (with family coverage).
- flexible spending account (one-year carryover)
- life insurance
- basic accidental death and dismemberment
- disability benefits
- casual sick days
- short term disability
- long term disability
- employee and family assistance plan
- Alberta’s Local Authorities Pension Plan
- Log in to mypensionplan.ca to view your pension history, calculate your estimated retirement date and more. For assistance, contact the My Pension Plan information line at 1-866-762-6579. For general information, contact 1-877-649-5277.
- faculty benefits at a glance
- AUPE benefits at a glance for full-time employees
- AUPE benefits at a glance for part-time employees
- admin/excluded support benefits at a glance
Access your full benefits booklet by clicking on your employee group.
Sign up for GroupNet
Go to canadalife.com, click on Sign in and then GroupNet for Plan Members and follow the prompts to sign up. You will need your:
- plan number (335677) and member ID number (you’ll find both on your benefit ID card)
- date of birth and the date of birth of one of your dependents (if applicable)
- postal code
- email address
- banking information for direct deposit
Signing up for Canada Life’s GroupNet allows you to easily and conveniently manage your coverage and find claim information online. Some of the perks include:
- online claims submissions (provides quicker reimbursement)
- direct deposit claim payments
- quick access to coverage information
- claim status and explanation of benefits for the past 24 months
Paper claim forms
To submit a paper claim form instead:
- Print off the form from GroupNet or pick it up from Human Resources (PA1121).
- Complete and sign the form.
- Attach the original receipts.
Note: Always make copies of forms and receipts before mailing the originals.
- Mail the form and original receipts to:
Regina Benefit Payments
PO Box 4408
For benefits orientation, corrections or changes to your profile, or if you have any issues with claims, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-320-3378.
We believe every employee should have a basic understanding of compensation and salary information. Here are some tools to help.
- Faculty salary grids (as per the LCFA Collective Agreement 2018-20)
- AUPE salary grids
- Admin/excluded support pay grid
All employees are paid semi-monthly, on the 10th and 25th of each month.
Casual Illness and General Sick Leave
We know that life can bring the unexpected, and we are here to support you through that. If you are not well, we encourage you to stay home and let your supervisor know and submit your leave request when you return to work. All AUPE and Admin/Excluded employees have a maximum of 10 casual sick days per year.
If you are an AUPE or Admin/Excluded employee, and you are unable to return to work after 5 days, please contact the HR Generalist.
If you are a Faculty member and you are unable to return to work after 3 days, contact the HR Generalist.
Lifeworks by Morneau Sheppell
You and your eligible dependents enrolled in the benefit package can directly access a full range of immediate, confidential services at no cost, 24 hours a day, seven days a week through Shepell.
The program is intended to help staff members and their families resolve a broad range of work, professional, family and individual stresses and traumas that affect their health, well-being and job performance.