As a member of our team, you have access to our comprehensive benefits package. Its features provide you and your family with peace of mind today and help you plan for your future. Plus, you can access those benefits as early as your first day. Our benefits package covers all the major areas:
- prescription drug coverage
- dental and vision care
- term life insurance
- paramedical coverage
- flexible spending account
Beyond the basics, we offer great perks in a family-focused work environment. Our campus day care centre is open to the children of employees as space allows. And our campus health centre isn’t just for students – as an employee, you and your family can access the centre and benefit from having doctors, nurses and counsellors right on campus.
Additional perks include subsidized fitness classes and parking, professional development opportunities and additional discretionary days off during the winter holidays so you can spend more time with family and friends.
Benefits at a glance
Among the valuable insurance benefits in place for your immediate use are:
- extended health
- prescription drug coverage
- vision care
- massage and chiropractic services
- paramedical services
- travel assistance
- dental care
Note: All extended health and dental services cover you and your dependents.
- flexible spending account
- life insurance
- basic accidental death and dismemberment
- disability benefits
- sick leave
- short term disability
- long term disability
- employee and family assistance plan
- Alberta’s Local Authorities Pension Plan
- Log in to mypensionplan.ca to view your pension history, calculate your estimated retirement date and more. For assistance, contact the My Pension Plan information line at 1-866-762-6579.
- For general information, contact 1-877-649-5277.
- faculty benefits at a glance
- AUPE benefits at a glance for full-time employees
- AUPE benefits at a glance for part-time employees
- admin/excluded support benefits at a glance
Access your full benefits booklet by clicking on your employee group.
Sign up for GroupNet
Go to greatwestlife.com, click on Register now and follow the prompts to sign up. You will need your:
- plan number and member ID number (you’ll find both on your benefit ID card)
- date of birth and the date of birth of one of your dependents (if applicable)
- postal code
- email address
- banking information for direct deposit
Signing up for Great West Life’s GroupNet allows you to easily and conveniently manage your coverage and find claim information online. Some of the perks include:
- online claims submissions
- direct deposit claim payments
- quick access to coverage information
- claim status and explanation of benefits for the past 24 months
Paper claim forms
To submit a paper claim form instead:
- Print off the form from GroupNet or pick it up from Human Resources (PA1121).
- Complete and sign the form.
- Attach the original receipts.
Note: Always make copies of forms and receipts before mailing the originals.
- Mail the form and original receipts to:
Regina Benefit Payments
PO Box 4408
For benefits orientation, corrections or changes to your profile, or if you have any issues with claims, contact us at email@example.com or 403-320-3378.
We believe every employee should have a basic understanding of compensation and salary information. Here are some tools to help.
- Faculty salary grids (as per the LCFA Collective Agreement 2018-20)
- AUPE salary grids
- Admin/excluded support pay grid
Employee and Family Assistance Program
You and your eligible dependents enrolled in the benefit package can directly access a full range of immediate, confidential services at no cost, 24 hours a day, seven days a week through Shepell.
The program is intended to help staff members and their families resolve a broad range of work, professional, family and individual stresses and traumas that affect their health, well-being and job performance.
Home and auto insurance
Lethbridge College has chosen The Personal as its group insurer. Employees can start saving today with exclusive group rates and customized coverage. For employees, that means:
- exclusive pricing not available to the general public
- customized coverage that offers choice, simplicity and savings
- dedicated teams to support your needs
Why do customers rate The Personal as a leader in client experience? It’s simple:
- best-in-class services
- quick, hassle-free claims processing
- exclusive group rates
The Personal delivers an exceptional customer experience that is fast, flexible and easy with features like:
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Call from the scene
- Lock in group rates for up to 364 days in advance*
Your personal connection to exclusive group rates and savings:
- security system savings1: save up to 15 per cent
- claims-free savings2: save up to 20 per cent
- multi-line discount: save even more when you bundle your home and auto with The Personal
- multi-vehicle discount3: insure more than one vehicle and save up to 15 per cent on each vehicle’s premium
Your personal connection to savings, flexible options and a time-tested commitment to your satisfaction. It’s service worth switching for.
Get a quote today and save
The fine print
The Personal refers to The Personal Insurance Company. Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions may apply. Savings and discounts are subject to eligibility conditions and may vary by jurisdiction. Rates and discounts are subject to change without notice. The terms and conditions of the coverages described are set out in the insurance policy, which always prevails.
Auto insurance is not available in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and British Columbia due to government-run plans.
*Rates are guaranteed for up to 364 days and are provided only where there are no changes to your underwriting information from the time of the quote to the effective date of the policy.
1 You could save up to 15 per cent if your home has a monitored fire alarm, burglar alarm and automatic sprinkler system.
2 No claims submitted.
3 Up to 15 per cent in Alberta, New Brunswick, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Ontario and Yukon. Up to 10 per cent in Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.