- Do you need more English?
- Are you a permanent resident of Canada (not a Canadian citizen)?
- Are you 18 years of age or older?
- Can you come to:
- Daytime classes
Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:50 p.m.,
- Evening classes
Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:00 – 9:20 p.m. and Thursdays from 6:00 – 8:50 p.m.,
- Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Daytime classes
- Do you have an assessment from an IRCC-approved assessor, the CELPIP General test or from another LINC program provider that was completed within the last year?
- Have you mastered Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) levels 3, 3, 2, 2 or above for speaking, listening, reading and writing?
If you answer yes to all of the above questions, you may be eligible for the free Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) program. To get started, contact us for information regarding registration and deadlines.
Our language program
Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) at Lethbridge College provides a full- or part-time English as a Second Language program with skill area classes at different CLB levels. We also offer:
- employment and settlement-related information and readiness activities
- education and career planning
- bridging with other Lethbridge College courses, including:
- General Studies
- Computer Information Technology
- Fashion Design and Sustainable Marketing
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Education
LINC is made possible, free of charge, through funding provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Beyond our classroom
The English Language Centre isn’t just a place for learning – we’ll help connect you to your new community through:
- cultural celebrations
- guest speakers
You’ll also benefit from on-campus activities such as coffee-party mixers, free admission to Kodiaks games and working with other college programs.
If you are interested in LINC, please contact us for more information.