Contest winner announced
Our community has spoken and our coffee has been named. We are proud to introduce Lethbridge College’s custom blend from Cupper’s, Rise and Grind.
Congratulations to Dallin Nowlon, a student in our Business Administration program. Thank you for helping us #NameOurCoffee! Pride, glory and free coffee for the academic year are yours for the taking.
The contest is closed.
Over the summer, we partnered with Cupper's to bring delicious, locally roasted coffee to campus. Now, we need your help to name our new coffee. From Sept. 5 to 9, submit a creative, original and relevant name for the unique Lethbridge College blend for a chance to win a gift basket from Cupper's and free coffee for the academic year from Culinary Services.
On Sept. 10, our coffee naming selection committee will pick the top eight names to compete in a head to head Instagram poll. You’ll have your say in the final name, voting for the winner between Sept. 11 and 13. The winning name and the winner will be announced at Coulee Fest on Sept. 15.
Sept. 5 – 9: submit your coffee names to our Instagram question or the contest box in the Food Court
Sept. 10: Cupper's and Lethbridge College will pick the top eight names
Sept. 11 – 13: vote on the winning name during our Instagram poll
Sept. 15: winning name and winner announced at Coulee Fest
How to enter
There are two easy ways to enter the contest.
- Submit names to our Instagram question.
- In person
- Fill out a paper submission at the Food Court.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
It’s not just recognition you’ll receive for naming our coffee – you’ll also get a gift basket from Cupper's and free coffee on campus for the entire academic year. The prize is not transferable.
Approximate prize value: $500
Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Lethbridge College and Cupper's to use the winning coffee name as well as the winner’s name and likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Name selection and winner notification
Our naming selection committee, made up of members of Lethbridge College and Cupper's, will choose the top eight names for the coffee based on originality, creativity and the name’s relevance to Lethbridge College and who we are. Those eight names will go head to head in an Instagram poll tournament, where you’ll have the chance to vote for your favourites.
The winning name and the winner will be announced at Coulee Fest on Saturday, Sept. 15.
If the winning coffee name is submitted by multiple individuals, a winner will be randomly selected from all those who submitted the same coffee name.
This contest is open to anyone who is 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
By making a submission and participating in the contest, you represent and warrant that:
- you hereby grant Lethbridge College an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use your submission for marketing and promotional use, with the right to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, publicly perform, create derivative works from, and publicly display in whole or in part;
- the submission is your original work, and you have secured any and all rights, releases, or permissions necessary for the use and distribution of your submission by Lethbridge College;
- your submission does not violate or infringe upon the copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, publicity rights, or any other rights of any third party.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Incomplete or inaccurate information will result in disqualification.
- All entries are to become the property of Lethbridge College and may be used for promotional purposes.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- A skill testing question must be correctly answered to receive the award.
- Lethbridge College reserves the right to amend contest entry dates.
- Other rules may apply.