Sourdough is known for its characteristic flavor (ranging from mild to strong), chewy texture, and crisp crust. From a health standpoint, it dominates when compared to standard loaves. Sourdough is by probiotic definition, a Super Food with more and different benefits to our digestive systems than yeast breads. Older than the pyramids, healthier than a multivitamin, easy as... well, easier after one fun and delicious evening!
Take your baking skills up a notch by entering the 10,000 year old world of fermented foods! In one evening, you will learn the differences in common local flour types and how to eat them for better health. You will take home a sourdough starter with a pedigree that will never die (as long as it is fed trillions of microbes and bacteria that will make you a little healthier). Come learn the tips and tricks to bake professional Artisan sourdough with hands-on training and of course, with samples!
Upon successful completion of Sourdough Bread Secrets, you will:
- be able to bake a successful Boule of sourdough using any flour combination.
- know where to source the best flour in Canada locally for the best price (best kept secret in Western Canada).
- be well on your way to a great hobby and even a possible business.
- know how to bake your own bread ($0.42 for 1 kg loaf) with little trouble.
- experience health benefits, save money and learn an enjoyable skill.
- obtain a Recognition of Participation certificate.
More information and registration