Learn about designing and running virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) scenes that immerse your users in 3D!
The Immersive Technology Series has been designed for professionals serious about gaining knowledge and skills related to immersive and spatial media. Upon successful completion you will be able to build highly immersive and interactive scenes that run on popular hardware such as Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, and iOS mobile devices.
The Series includes two courses, "Introduction to Immersive Technology" and "Basic Image Capture".
This Series is suitable for all levels of users across a wide range of industries including:
- Cultural Heritage
- Education and training
- Architecture and real estate
- Digital Media
For example, you will have the skills to build virtual environments that allows you to train new employees around the world, or that enables people to tour a building or historical site remotely. The applications are endless!
- Define and understand relevant terminology while identifying key historical advances in immersive technology.
- Effectively configure and operate mobile, desktop and stand-alone VR systems.
- Evaluate a variety of immersive software development platforms in order to understand and identify the software selection process appropriate for the end user.
- Research Industry applications to make informed decisions on program project projects.
- Identify physical limitations and considerations when creating VR experiences and present potential solutions.
- Identify the basic technical fundamentals of a virtual reality project so they are able to determine the appropriate hardware and software needed to capture, create and display a simple Virtual Reality experience
- Choose and competently operate appropriate still image capture hardware and software to produce editable digital assets
- Choose and competently operate appropriate moving image capture hardware and software to produce engaging 360-degree video experiences
- Evaluate ideas on what will make appropriate Virtual Reality experiences and work in a team to plan, create and share them.
- Employ basic game engine software operations to integrate multiple, captured image assets into a simple Virtual Reality experience
More information and registration