Welcome to the Citizen Society Research Lab (CSRL), Lethbridge College’s public opinion applied research initiative.
CSRL Probability Studies - live agent telephone interview
Each semester, students from a variety of programs at Lethbridge College conduct live-interview, omnibus public opinion surveys from the IB Commons Call Centre on campus. These probability surveys measure Albertans' opinions on a variety of issues each fall, and Lethbridge residents each winter. Please navigate the menus on the right to access reports generated from our Alberta opinion polls or our Lethbridge opinion polls.
Massage Therapy in Alberta
Our research is frequently used by policy makers, planners and advocates to inform their strategic decisions. Currently, the Massage Therapist Association Alberta is using data we collected in 2016 and 2017 in support of its efforts to open and include massage therapy in the Alberta Health Professions Act.
- Faron Ellis, Rosemary Shannon, Brent Gaudreau, Judy Long, “Massage Therapy in Alberta: Use, Satisfaction, Funding, and Opinions about an Alberta College of Massage Therapists.” Massage Therapists Association of Alberta, 2018.
CSRL Non-probability Studies - Internet administered
CSRL at also conducts online-delivered studies of specifically targeted populations such as members of your organization or association, stakeholders of your organization or association, or other important groups. Please contact us for further information about these opportunities.
Galt Museum & Archives Stakeholder Survey - 2019
As part of its business planning, marketing and branding initiatives, the Galt Museum & Archives contracted with CSRL to engage Galt stakeholders to measure their opinions about current Galt operations, services, museum visitor expectations and the future direction of the Galt. See the links below for results and presentation.
- Galt Museum & Archives Survey - Report and Analysis
- Galt Museum & Archives Survey - PowerPoint Presentation
Lethbridge Police Service Stakeholder Survey - 2018
As part of its business planning processes, Lethbridge Police Service contracted with CSRL to engage LPS stakeholders and solicit their opinions about current and potential LPS initiatives using an online-delivered non-probability study of its key stakeholders. See the links below for results and presentation.
Partner with us
Contact Dr. Faron Ellis, Research Chair, Citizen Society Research Lab for specifics related to your project. Our general guidelines are below.
CSRL conducts research for a variety of community partners for a small financial contribution in support of our research endeavours. If you are interested in gathering public opinion, support our local initiative by becoming a community partner. You may choose to make exclusive private use of the data derived from the questions you sponsor for a limited time. Eventually, all results will be made publicly available on this site or upon request from respondents and other interested parties. Our students will make private use of the data for their individual research projects tied to their respective classes.
As a partner, you will receive:
- electronic copies of the report and analysis of the questions you sponsor
- access to our regular non-sponsored questions and tracking polls
- a range of available media services for the public release of data
Sponsor research questions
Your contribution to research is $600 per question. We can incorporate as many as a dozen questions for a community partner, particularly in cases where a sponsor’s interests match our students’ research interests.
For fall polls: Alberta
- contracts must be signed prior to Sept. 15
- questionnaires are finalized by Sept. 21
- reports are presented no later than mid-November
For winter polls: Lethbridge
- contracts must be signed prior to Jan. 15
- questionnaires are finalized by Jan. 21
- reports are presented no later than the end of March
Note: Our timelines can be adjusted to meet deadlines associated with elections or other significant events.
Our community partners and sponsors
- Lethbridge Police Service
- Lethbridge Herald
- Calgary Herald
- Collaborative Research and Innovation Opportunities (CRIO) Advance Care Planning
- Downtown Lethbridge Business Revitalization Zone
- Allied Arts Council
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society
- City of Lethbridge
- Country 95.5
- Douglas J. Bergen and Associates Ltd.
- Economic Development Lethbridge
- Global News Lethbridge
- Industrial Association of Southern Alberta
- Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce
- Lethbridge Public Library
- Womanspace Resource Centre
- ACCESS – Alberta Primetime