Parent & Partner Supporters
Some of the best support for those seeking to develop their career comes from their parents and partners. This area is designed with you in mind, providing resources to identify the milestones you can help them achieve. The resources on this page are specifically aligned to you as a major supporting influence on the Career Development journey.
What is career development and what does it mean
- CERIC: Guiding Principles of Career Development
- Guiding Principles of Career Development: Anchored by Evidence
How to talk to your student about career development.
- Tips for Parents: 10 Ways to Help Your Child’s Career Development (creation in process)
- Career Coaching Your Teens: A Guide for Parents
- The Decade After High School: A Parent’s Guide
- A Career Development Resource for Parents: Helping Parents Explore the role of coach and ally
Links to labour market and salary related information in Alberta and Canada
- Making Sense of Labour Market Information.
- Labour Market Information Council (Canadian)
- Labour Market Information (Alberta)