- Lethbridge College convocation gowns and stoles/hoods and mask must be worn by all convocates. The cap and tassel, gown and stole are yours to keep. Degree hoods must be returned.
- Gowns may be picked up at the College Bookstore between 9 a.m. till 4 p.m. Thursday October 14 and Friday October 15. Convocates can pick up gowns for a friend and/or family member.
- Convocates in our degree programs will be contacted via email with details on picking up and returning the hood.
If you are graduating with Academic Honours With Great Distinction (President’s List with a 4.0 Cumulative Program GPA) you will receive a gold cord with your gown package which signifies your academic achievement. If you are graduating with Academic Honours with Distinction (Dean’s List with a 3.75-3.99 Cumulative Program GPA) you’ll receive a silver cord when picking up your gown package, signifying your academic achievement.
With AHS implementing public health guidelines with physical distancing restrictions to be in place for Convocation (CMOH Order 44-2021), unfortunately we can no longer have guests in the gym. As a result, and considering the number of convocates and space, we will only be able to host the ceremony with convocates in attendance. We understand how disappointing this may be for convocates and their friends and family members. The ceremony will be streamed live on the college Facebook page and will be posted to the college’s YouTube channel after the event. If this change affects your decision to participate in Fall convocation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before Oct. 6 so that we can arrange a refund.
Lifetouch Photography has opened times for graduation portraits at their Lethbridge studio. Visit https://lifetouch.as.me to book your grad photos. Lifetouch has all the Lethbridge College regalia available for your portrait session!
Lifetouch Photography will also be taking photos of each convocate after they cross the stage. Lethbridge College Alumni Relations has purchased the digital copy for each of our grads, thanks to TD Insurance Meloche Monnext.
To download your photo 24 hours after the event, visit www.lethbridgecollege.ca/alumni
Enter the UNIQUE code included in your parchment folder to receive your digital image for free (lost codes will not be replaced).
We would like to make sure your name is pronounced accurately at the ceremony. If you believe your name may be diﬃcult to pronounce and would like to provide the proper pronunciation to our ceremony convocate announcers, please email your name, program, phone number and phonetic spelling of your name by October 1: to email@example.com. A ceremony convocate announcer MAY call you to confirm how to pronounce your name.
The convocation gowns are warm, so consider the weather and wear appropriate clothing the day of your ceremony. Comfortable shoes are recommended as you will walk up and down platform ramps.
You will also be provided a cap and tassel that you are required to wear for the ceremony.
Assembly times and locations
All students participating in the ceremony must meet at their designated area in their convocation gowns, no later than 9:15 a.m. on convocation day. For a list of program assembly rooms please see the What to Expect tab. Convocates only in these areas please.
Please allow for sufficient time to park vehicles and get to your designated assembly area at least 45 minutes before the start of the ceremony.
Important note: Please do not carry coats, bags, cameras, flowers or other souvenirs with you from the assembly area into the convocate seating area. You are not able to carry personal items across the stage and you may not get back to the same seat during the ceremony. Personal items can be checked at the Coat Check room in AN1801.
Watch the convocation ceremonies online
Details will be posted closer to event date.
Bookstore (PA1110) (purchase convocation gifts, souvenirs, etc.): (403) 320-3308 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Convocation organizer (name pronunciation, general questions) email: email@example.com.
Convocation preparation check list
- Apply to convocate and pay the $50 fee (plus applicable fees if applying online). Forms are available at the Registrar’s Office(PA 1130) or at the convocation website. Deadline to apply to attend: August 31, 2021.
- Arrange for convocation photos online at https://lifetouch.as.me
- Invite friends and family to watch the ceremony live on our Facebook page.
- Pick up your convocation gown and stole at Bookstore 9 a.m. till 4 p.m. on Thursday October 14 and Friday October 15.
- Plan, as needed, for special seating accommodations for you or your guests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arrange, as desired, for name pronunciation by October 1.
- Ensure you are in your designated assembly area at least 45 minutes before the ceremony starts.
- If you feel ill on the day of the event, please remain home. Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe and healthy.