Gowns and Regalia
- Lethbridge College convocation gowns and stoles/hoods must be worn by all convocates. The cap and tassel, gown and stole are yours to keep. Degree hoods must be returned. Convocates in our degree programs will be contacted via college email with details on picking up and returning the hood.
- Gowns may be picked up at the college Bookstore between daily from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Tuesday May 23 till Thursday May 25. You can pick up a gown for a friend/family member. If you are unable to pick up your gown package during these days/times, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other options.
- The convocation gowns are warm, so consider the weather and wear appropriate clothing the day of your ceremony. Comfortable shoes are recommended as you will walk up and down platform ramps.
- If you earned President's List recognition every term you are graduating with Honours With Great Distinction (President’s List with a 4.0 Cumulative Program GPA) and will receive a gold cord with your gown package which signifies your academic achievement.
- If you are graduating with Academic Honours with Distinction (Dean’s List with a 3.75-3.99 Cumulative Program GPA) you’ll receive a silver cord when picking up your gown package, signifying your academic achievement.
- Parking is free on campus Convocation Day. Convocates are encouraged to park in lots E and F and enter through the Founders Square doors on the east side of the building. LC Parking Map (4).pdf
Assembly of Convocates
- Convocates must meet in their assigned assembly room 45 minutes PRIOR to their ceremony start time. Please see the Ceremony and Program Order tab for assigned Convocate assembly rooms.
- Once in your assembly room, a volunteer will provide you with your parchment folder and name card. It is important that you keep this material with you and leave it intact until you cross the stage during the ceremony. You will be asked to line up in alphabetical order (by last name) by program, and to maintain that order for the processional into convocate seating area in the gym.
- Convocates only in the assembly areas.
Important note: Please do not carry coats, bags, cameras, flowers or other souvenirs with you from the assembly area into the convocate seating area. You are not able to carry personal items across the stage and you may not get back to the same seat during the ceremony. Personal items can be checked at the Coat Check room in AN1801. Please do not leave items in the assembly rooms.
- Child minding will not be available. Please arrange for childcare during your ceremony.
- Lifetouch Photography will be on campus April 3-6 for scheduled portrait sessions.
- To book your session visit: https://lifetouch.as.me
What to Expect During the Ceremony
- It is important you arrive with suﬃcient time to be placed in the procession line, which is a significant piece of the convocation tradition and impressive to experience. The entire group of convocates will proceed from the assembly area to the gym, led by bagpipes, the Grand Marshal, the Marshals, the Academic Staﬀ and the Platform Party.
As you cross the stage
- In preparation for announcing the convocates during the program, a number of rows of convocates will be escorted out of the seating area. From there, you will be directed by a convocation marshall, to proceed onto the platform and present your name card to the convocation announcer. After your name is announced you will make your way across the stage to shake the hand of the President and Dean(s).
- After you exit the stage Lifetouch will snap your photo (see details below) and a Marshal will direct you back to a seat.
- This process will be repeated until all convocates have been recognized.
- Convocates and guests are asked to stay for the duration of the ceremony.
- Lifetouch Photography will be taking pictures of all convocates after they cross the stage. Lethbridge College Alumni Relations has purchased the digital copy for each of our grads, thanks to TD Insurance Meloche Monnext.
- To download your photo 24 hours after the event, visit www.lethbridgecollege.ca/alumni
- Enter the UNIQUE code included in your parchment folder to receive your digital image for free (lost codes will not be replaced).
- Lifetouch Photography will be offering walk up portrait sessions in the CAVE after the ceremonies end on a first come, first served basis.
- At the end of the ceremony, you will be directed to stand and will be escorted by convocation marshalls out of the gym. As you exit the gym you will be given a gift from Alumni Engagement. Included in this gift is the Lifetouch slip with the unique code needed to receive the digital image that was taken after you crossed the stage.
After the Ceremony
- Check with your Program Chairs or Instructors to see if arrangements are being made for your program to meet in a designated area after convocation for pictures etc.
- Coat Check will remain open 30 minutes after the ceremony ends. Please pick up any checked items immediately after the ceremony.
- Please walk around campus and take pictures with your family and friends! Photo backdrops will be set up around campus for you to use.
- Convocates in our Degree programs, please return your hood to the location indicated in the email that will be sent to your college email shortly before Convocation Day.
- Get your LC Swag and graduation gits and souvenirs at the Bookstore (open until 4:30 p.m.)
Lethbridge College Alumni Engagement
- A Lethbridge College alumni is an individual who has successfully completed his or her program requirements and received a credential from Lethbridge College. Apprentices who have completed their apprenticeship training at Lethbridge College are also considered alumni.
- Frames to hold your Lethbridge College credential can be purchased at the Lethbridge College Bookstore.
- We invite you to visit the Alumni website to update your information and learn about the many benefits that are accessible to you as an alumni.
- Career advising and professional development services are available through the Career Centre
- Also, there are discounts on home and auto insurance through our affinity partner, TD Insurance Meloche Monnex.
Convocation preparation check list
- Apply to convocate and pay the fee (plus applicable fees if applying online). Forms are available at the Registrar’s Office(PA 1130) or at the convocation website. Deadline: April 1, 2023
- Pre-Order convocation flowers at: www.thecommencementgroup.com/lethbridgecollege
- Book your portrait session (April 3-6) at: https://lifetouch.as.me
- Invite friends and family to watch the ceremony live on our Facebook page.
- Pick up your convocation gown and stole at the back of the Bookstore. Days/times TBD.
- Ensure you are in your designated assembly area 45 minutes prior to ceremony start time.
- If you feel ill on the day of the event, please remain home. Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe and healthy.
- Bookstore (PA1110) (purchase convocation gifts, souvenirs, etc.): (403) 320-3308 or email: email@example.com.
- Convocation organizer (name pronunciation, general questions) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.